The house white is made predominantly of Grenache Blanc and Sauvignon with a touch of Chardonnay: it has lots of fruit on the nose, with grapefruit and hints of spice.
(House White is served standard as medium (175ml) glass measure. Small (125ml) is also available)
28.00 / 8.00
1. Les Acacias, Sauvignon Blanc, Domaine Guy Allion, Loire
Citrus, zippy and delicious, clean, with uplifting notes of elder flower, cut grass, asparagus and crunchy apples.
2. “Los Tros” Chenin Blanc, Marras, Swartland, South Africa
Hand picked after having been ripened on the decomposed granite and schist soils of the “Los Tros” vineyard. Ageing on fine lees for six months gives this Chenin added texture. Quince, pear and baked apple flavours dominate.
3. Monte del Fra, Bianco di Custoza, Veneto, Italy
A fresh and aromatic white from near lake Garda. Ripe stone fruit and exotic spice touches on the nose, followed by a lightly waxy and slightly oily texture on the palate, yet with a pleasingly clean finish.
4. The Lane, Block 1A Chardonnay, Barossa Valley, Australia
This bright, lemon coloured wine shows luscious tropical fruit and toasted notes on the nose, while remaining elegant and fresh.
5. Isabel Estate, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Pineapple, Kaffir lime leaves, elderflower and lychee fill the nose. Rich in the mouth, with fresh green mango, passion fruit and guava fruit, balanced by vibrant acidity and wet-stone minerality. Finish is spicy and elegant.
6. Domaine Jean Sipp, Pino Gris Reserve, Ribeauville, Alsace, France
Aromatic nose of ripe pears, lemon notes, blossom and spice, notably vanilla. Full bodied and juicy, showing baked apple, pear and spice and lifted by fresh acidity.
7. Chablis, Domaine du Colombier, France
Purity and freshness with classic aroma of crushed oyster shell and lime, plus plenty of ripe stone fruits, fresh acidity and minerality. A seamless marriage of ripe fruit flavours, Chablis steel and an oyster shell finish.
8. Pouilly Fume, Terres Blanches, Domaine du Bouchot, France
Nice citrus and pear notes on the nose with an elegant attack in the mouth and great tension. Balanced, delicate and fine, with incredible depth and purity.
9. Sancerre La Chene du Roy, Domaine Pierre Girault, France
Fabulously fresh mineral Sancerre, with pronounced grassy, flinty and passion fruit aromas. The soil, primarily kimmeridgian clay-limestone, typical of the appellation.
10. Ataraxia Chardonnay, Hemel-en-Aarde, South Africa
The 2018 vintage is beautifully balanced with a subtle yet compelling intensity of fruit and minerals. A classic length, creaminess and complexity defines this world class Chardonnay.
11. Puligny-Montrachet, Domaine Jacques Carillon, Burgundy, France
Aromatic and ripe with white and yellow orchard fruit that includes a hint of passion fruit. There is both good mouth-feel and richness to the attractively textured flavours that deliver good length.
12. Meursault Domaine Michelot, Burgundy, France
A blend of many different "terroirs" has created an opulent and fruity wine with a fine citrus finish. This is a wine with a great deal of finesse and persistence on the palate. Elegant and linear.
13. Domaine Gavoty Grand Classique Rose, Cotes de Provence, France
Pale coral coloured with a nose of fresh strawberry and red cherry. Generous on the palate with peachy flavours. Finishes bone dry with a refreshing grapefruit note. Certified organic.
The House Red is Grenache and Merlot, a lovely blend with the hedgerow fruit combining with fresh damson and chocolate.
(House Red is served standard as medium (175ml) glass measure. Small (125ml) is also available)
28.00 / 8.00
14. Domaine des Cabrials, Pinot Noir, Languedoc, France
Clean, fresh and juicy Pinot Noir from the South of France, West of Beziers. This comes from a cooler area hence the wine shows bright cherry freshness.
15. Marras Shiraz/Cinsault, Swartland, South Africa
A medium-bodied Shiraz and Cinsault blend. The grapes are hand-picked and matured in old oak barrels. It has slightly floral nose with smoky and spicy notes which leadonto ripe berry and plum flavours. Juicy, well structured with a silky smooth finish.
This organic Cotes-du-Rhone is a favourite, brimming full of blackberries and cassis with notes of wild herbs and rounded spicy tannins.
17. Barbera, Cascina del Melo, Piedmont, Italy
This Barbera is a stunner full of dark chocolate and berry fruit. It has rounded tannins with arresting depth and complexity. Cascina del Melo is certified as a bio-dynamic winery.
18. Crozes-Hermitage La Certitude, Domaine Francois Villard, Rhone 2018, France
This is a modern styled Crozes-Hermitage: packed with peppery juicy dark fruit and ripe soft tannins, yet not losing any of the traditional violet and dried herb notes for which the region is celebrated.
19. Chateau la Courolle, Montage Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux, France
This lovely property has produced a wonderfully supple, sappy cherry-rich blend, which coats the palate. Very keenly balanced. It has a sensual, silky texture.
20. Chateau Lucas, Lussac Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux
With 14 months in old oak, the juicy, savoury plum fruits shine above the spiced vanilla wood notes on the supple palate, lifted by bright acidity.
21. Dog Point, Pinot Noir, Marlborough, New Zealand
A complex Pinot, with aromas of wild berry fruits. Vibrant strawberry and plum flavours lead to an elegant finish.
22. Chateauneuf du Pape, Grand Reserve, Chateau Beauchene, Rhone
Rich, dark and handsome! This full-bodied and concentrated red exudes Moorish flavours of baked plum and damson fruit, kirsch and sweet spice.
23. Brunello di Montalcino, Pieri Agostina, Tuscany, Italy
Powerful and complex nose of cherry jam, spices, hints of coffee and minerals. Full bodied and powerful, the palate has great depth of red and black fruits and a core of mineral acidity.
24. Gevrey-Chambertin “La Justice”, Domaine Antonin Guyon, Burgundy, France
The product of an old vineyard, exceptionally ripe with its combination of wild black cherry, cassis and soft spice nuances. Delicious with lamb.